STIMULAN is a truly absorbable calcium sulfate, specifically designed to complement your dead space and infection management strategies.
✓ approved for placement directly at the site of infection in bone and soft tissue
✓ may be mixed with antibiotics to protect the device from colonisation by bacteria*
Recrystallised for improved clinical performance
STIMULAN is a pharmaceutical-grade calcium sulphate with a unique crystal structure and properties. 1-2
✓ controlled purity
✓ easily mixed with liquid, powder and heat sensitive antibiotics*
Only STIMULAN undergoes a patented recrystallisation process that starts with pharmaceutical-grade reagents and results in its consistent and reliable performance. 1-7, 8
Can be used in three sizes of bead, as a paste or for injection,
STIMULAN optimizes packing in bone and soft tissue. Its hydrophilic properties and options of rapid or standard setting times make it quick and easy if mixed with one or more antibiotics - helping you to adapt to each case as is merited. *
*The treating physician is responsible for deciding the type and quantity of antibiotic used.
1. Cooper JJ. Method of producing surgical grade calcium sulphate. 1999, Patent GB 2367552; EP 1204599; 6780391.
2. McPherson EJ. Dissolvable antibiotic beads in treatment of periprosthetic joint infection - the use of synthetic pure calcium sulfate (STIMULAN®) impregnated with vancomycin and tobramycin. Presented at: Oxford Bone Infection Conference (OBIC) 2012. - See more at: http://www.biocomposites.com/our-products/stimulan/#sthash.6A3shXZX.dpuf
3. McPherson EJ et al. Reconstructive Review 2013;3:32–43.
4. Cierny G et al. Comparing OsteoSet and Stimulan as antibiotic-loaded, calcium sulfate beads in the management of musculoskeletal infection. Presented at: Musculoskeletal Infection Society of North America 2009.
5. Kallala R et al. Outcomes following use of antibiotic-eluting, absorbable, calcium sulfate beads in revision hip and knee surgery for periprosthetic infection. Presented at: International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty 2013.
6. Cooper et al. Antibiotic stability in a synthetic calcium sulphate carrier for local delivery. Poster presented at European Bone and Joint infection Society Annual Meeting, Prague, Czech Republic, 2013. - See more at: http://www.biocomposites.com/our-products/stimulan/#sthash.6A3shXZX.dpuf
7. Gauland C. The use of antibiotic impregnated, implanted synthetic calcium sulfate tablets in the treatment of soft tissue, vancomycin resistant enterococcus infections. Presented at: Wound Healing Society 2011. - See more at: http://www.biocomposites.com/our-products/stimulan/#sthash.6A3shXZX.dpuf
8. Biocomposites Ltd, STIMULAN Instructions for Use
MED&CARE Sp. z o.o.
ul. Mławska 13
81-204 Gdynia, Poland
phone: +48 58 776 22 75
fax: +48 58 350 97 57
mobile: +48 506 399 272
Number: PL 92 1020 1853 0000 9502 0124 1017
Bank PKO BP SA, I Oddział w Gdyni
Kod BIC (Swift): BPKOPLPW
Message: Undefined index: cookie_policy
Line Number: 163